develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from December 2000

Need help w/ LWP --> Whowhere.com directory service

From:
gjs
Date:
December 13, 2000 19:32
Subject:
Need help w/ LWP --> Whowhere.com directory service
Message ID:
3a38343f.613232802@mail.flash.net
Hi:

First let me say thanks...  I have used LWP to help script several
monotonous tasks at work and it has helped me out tremendously.

I am trying to register an email address to the WhoWhere service at
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/cbs/cbsadd.html via LWP and I have
reached an impasse. If you please, take a look and let me know what I
can do.

Why is this failing?

Thanks in advance!

Gurujiwan

Here is the code:

---

use LWP::UserAgent;
use HTTP::Request::Common;
my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
$ua->env_proxy;
$ua->agent("Mozilla/4.7 [en] (Win98; U)" . $ua->agent );

$ua->request(POST
"http://query1.whowhere.lycos.com/jwz/register.wsrch", [

  "sex" => "M", # radio
  "name" => "Jack Schitt", # text