develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from December 2000

Re: HTML::TokeParser bug fix against v2.19

From:
Gisle Aas
Date:
Re: HTML::TokeParser bug fix against v2.19
Message ID:
lru28k4vv0.fsf@caliper.ActiveState.com
Gisle Aas <gisle@ActiveState.com> writes:

> martin langhoff <martin@scim.net> writes:
>
> > 	I've patched the code, and now it seems to be working as expected. The
> > patch :
> >
> > <           substr($token->[0], 0, 0) = "/" if $type eq "E";
> > <           redo GET_TOKEN if defined($wanted) && $token->[0] ne
> > $wanted;
> > ---
> > >             redo GET_TOKEN if defined($wanted) && $token->[0] ne $wanted;
> > >             substr($token->[0], 0, 0) = "/" if $type eq "E";
>
> Seems like a correct fix.  I'll make sure it makes it into the next
> HTML-Parser release.

No, I will not after all.  I think I agree with Tim Allwine's comment
and will consider the current behaviour as it should be.  There is
probably also code out there that rely on the current behaviour.

We might consider having something like $p->get_tag("*font") return
both start and end tags.  But I guess some would then expect it to
also match <basefont>, so perhaps it has to be "/?font".

Regards,
Gisle