develooper Front page | perl.libwin32 | Postings from November 2005

Re: Trying to build latest Win32 module.

From:
Mark Nettleingham
Date:
November 16, 2005 13:48
Re: Trying to build latest Win32 module.
Message ID:
op.s0cr7ekfpjn2xs@eagleii.commvault.com
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:17:57 -0500, Jan Dubois
> That is weird.  From your nmake version I'm guessing that you are using
> VS2003.
Yes!

> The sys/types.h include file should be installed in:
>
>   C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
> 2003\Vc7\include\sys\types.h

Yep, it's there alright.

> Did you run vsvars32.bat to set up INCLUDE and LIB paths correctly?

Ah, here is the problem. I can't run vsvars32.bat on this system because
Visual Studio has been hand crafted to build our product. The path to
include types.h is not there.

> ActivePerl 5.8.7.815 (released yesterday) already includes libwin32 0.26.

Perfect, this is the solution I'll go for.

Thanks a lot!!!
Mark