develooper Front page | perl.libwin32 | Postings from November 2005

Re: Trying to build latest Win32 module.

From:
Reini Urban
Date:
November 16, 2005 11:54
Re: Trying to build latest Win32 module.
Message ID:
437B8E6C.9060304@x-ray.at
Jan Dubois schrieb:
> Even if you compile and install libwin32 itself, the Win32 module will
> not be used by Perl because it gets installed in the site/lib directory,
> which is being shadowed by the core Perl version of the Win32 module.
> All the other libwin32 modules will be updated though.
>
> (Just for reference, this is different for cygwin Perl, which does not
> yet come with a core version of Win32 installed in the lib tree. But
> this is going to change in the future.)

Did I miss something in p5p?
Currently we have Win32 in vendor_perl.
The CORE counterpart is named Win32CORE and is in archlib.
Why do we want the CORE part of Win32 being renamed to Win32?
--
Reini Urban - libwin32 cygwin maintainer