develooper Front page | perl.libnet | Postings from May 2004

Net::FTP::Recursive;

From:
isaac_koenig
Date:
May 18, 2004 08:11
Net::FTP::Recursive;
Message ID:
20040518150025.63442.qmail@onion.perl.org
I am using the Recursive Lib to copy directories from one location to
another. However, I would like to verify that I was able to make a
successful connection to the server by the following code. If the
connection fails, it goes to a subroutine that prints out the errors. This
error handling  successful for all the other routines, like logging in,
cwd, or rput. However, when I test the connection piece, i get the
following error message.

"Can't bless non-reference value at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Net/FTP/Recursive.pm line 25."

The following is the code:
$ftp = Net::FTP::Recursive->new($host, Timeout=>60) or $newerr=1;
        push  @ERRORS, "Can't login to server: $host: $!\n" if $newerr;
        $ftp->quit if $newerr;
        myerr() if $newerr;
        print "Connected to $host\n";