develooper Front page | perl.ldap | Postings from January 2018

RE: Net::LDAP::Entry - RFC

From:
"Burns, Victor M" via perl-ldap
Date:
January 9, 2018 18:57
RE: Net::LDAP::Entry - RFC
Message ID:
B0C23573B268484A8C732E3C1C2A105E01EE98C9@smtp_mail.bankofamerica.com
Agree, I believe everyone understood that Net::LDAP::LDIF supports no wrap as (wrap => X) where X <= 40 and that the goal was to enable Net::LDAP::Entry to use this ability via argument. I inspected your change and believe it is ideal as it would allow the caller to use any of the supported options in ::LDIF from ::Entry->ldif(...) method.

The POD for ::Entry may wish to make note of this in its POD for the ldif method.

Best Regards & Thanks Again,
Victor Burns

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Marschall [mailto:peter@adpm.de]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 12:35 PM
To: perl-ldap@perl.org; Chris Ridd <chrisridd@mac.com>; Burns, Victor M <victor.burns@bankofamerica.com>
Subject: Re: Net::LDAP::Entry - RFC

Hi,

Am 2. Januar 2018 18:58:50 MEZ schrieb Chris Ridd <chrisridd@mac.com>:
>IMO changing Net::LDAP::LDIF to be able to not wrap would be useful.

Net::LDAP::LDIF supports that for a very long time.

Excerpt from the man page:

wrap => 78 Number of columns where output line wrapping shall occur. Default is 78.
           Setting it to 40 or lower inhibits wrapping.

Best
Peter

--
Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de>

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.