develooper Front page | perl.ldap | Postings from December 2017

Re: Net::LDAP::Entry - RFC

From:
Peter Marschall
Date:
December 28, 2017 12:26
Re: Net::LDAP::Entry - RFC
Message ID:
4903802.pSYd3sqpFT@moth
Hi Victor,

Am Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2017, 13:42:13 CET schrieb Burns, Victor M via perl-
ldap:
> I've been working with the Net::LDAP::Entry class.
> I think it would be keen/natural if the ->ldif method supported additional
> Net::LDAP::LDIF options. For example:
> print $entry->ldif( wrap => 0 );
> I inspected the method and it seems that only the change option is
> supported. I have version 0.27

Sorry for anwering this late.

As Chris ridd wrote 0.27 is veeeeery old - from 2003 ,if I remember correctly.
Since then perl-ldap gained lots of features.
Please do yourself a favour and update to a recent version.

While not directly fulfilling your request, the newer versions have an
extended Net::LDAP::Entry->update() method, that allows using an LDIF file as
a target to write to.

Best regards
PEter

--