develooper Front page | perl.jpl | Postings from February 2008

high-level architecture? - Can't find 'boot_MyMod' symbol in...

From:
Tom Hintz
Date:
February 21, 2008 14:36
Subject:
high-level architecture? - Can't find 'boot_MyMod' symbol in...
Message ID:
00bf01c874da$2cdca790$8695f6b0$@com
I've got a java app that calls through to Perl modules that's worked for a
very long time on perl 5.005.  Long story short, we have now have Java 6 and
perl 5.8.4 and this doesn't work. Running the Java app reports:

Can't find 'boot_MyMod' symbol in /export/./libMyMod.so

 At /export/./MyModFactory.pm line 32

Compilation failed in require at /export/./MyModFactory.pm line 32.

There is no boot_MyMod symbol generated by anything that I know of.

Can someone sketch the high-level relationship of a JPL embedded
architecture?  Sure would help if I knew what loaded what and in what order.
I'm guessing: java->JNI.so->libMyMod.so->libPerlInterpreter.so->MyMod.pm?

Thanks!

Tom Hintz

Direct | 952-707-5412

Cell | 818-321-1487

Fax | 770-242-8270

Google IM | tdhintz@gmail.com

 <http://www.comsquared.com/> www.comsquared.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication is privileged and contains confidential
information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized
disclosure, copying or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and