develooper Front page | perl.ithreads | Postings from June 2013

Re: Shared object destruction: docs and historical behavior

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
June 24, 2013 10:59
Re: Shared object destruction: docs and historical behavior
Message ID:
20130624105356.GJ2120@iabyn.com
On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 11:26:41AM -0500, Mike Pomraning wrote:
> The threads::shared POD warns:
>
>     [A shared] object's destructor may get called multiple times, once
> for each thread's scope exit.
>
> Is this caution still accurate?
>
> Beginning with perl 5.8.9 / threads 1.71 / threads::shared 1.27 I
> cannot reproduce the behavior.  (5.8.8 does destroy objects multiple
> times for me, however.)

Given that the warning text was removed in the 5.8.9 POD, I think that
it's fair to assume the issue has been fixed.

--
A power surge on the Bridge is rapidly and correctly diagnosed as a faulty
capacitor by the highly-trained and competent engineering staff.