develooper Front page | perl.ithreads | Postings from March 2010

Re: Installing Perl ithreads in perl 5.8

From:
Elizabeth Mattijsen
Date:
March 22, 2010 23:24
Re: Installing Perl ithreads in perl 5.8
Message ID:
9737E1B7-D2F4-4135-BE00-7F87D73C3B22@dijkmat.nl
On Mar 23, 2010, at 6:00 AM, Ajeet Kumar wrote:
> I want to share variable among threads, where threads are created using  fork, not using ithreads.So, How to move with it? I had tried the following :-
>
> 1.) Declared a variable in main process
> 2.) taken it's reference in main process
> 3.) Now, as because the reference is available two all of my threads, I tried to change the value of my variable using the reference.
> 4.) However, changes done by the thread is only reflected to that particular thread only, not to other thread and even not in the main process.
>
> Please, give any solution, without using any ithreads or any other thread model.(I don't want to rebuild the perl interpreter)

Use forks.  Have you *looked* at forks?  Do you read what people tell you?  Do you read the documentation?

Otherwise, if forks doesn't do it for you: don't use Perl, use C.

Liz