develooper Front page | perl.ithreads | Postings from March 2010

Re: Installing Perl ithreads in perl 5.8

From:
Jerry D. Hedden
Date:
March 22, 2010 06:10
Re: Installing Perl ithreads in perl 5.8
Message ID:
1ff86f511003220609vc3e9f87id67c9569763f289d@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 09:01, Ajeet Kumar <Ajeet.Kumar@aricent.com> wrote:
> I have Perl 5.8 in my solaris machine, but without ithreads enabled. Now I
> want to install ithreads also. So, Please mention the required steps to be
> followed, in order to get it done ASAP.

If you get the Perl distribution tarball and untar it, you'll find a README
file.  The INSTALLATION section has the basic steps.  The only difference
would be to use:

    ./Configure -des -Dprefix=$HOME/localperl -Dusethreads

For more detailed information, read the INSTALL file (which has a section
on threads).