develooper Front page | perl.ithreads | Postings from August 2008

Re: XS callbacks from different threads.

From:
Shmuel Fomberg
Date:
August 3, 2008 12:07
Re: XS callbacks from different threads.
Message ID:
489601EE.5080104@012.net.il
Josef Wolf wrote:

 > IIUC, I don't need to create multiple PerlInterpreter's.  I just need
 > to set up the TLS properly in each thread.  But it is not clear to me
 > how to do that.
 >    # Main thread returns immediately after creating background threads
 >    # For now we only sit and wait until we get killed.  In a future
 >    # improvement we might periodically check for configuration
 >    # changes and restart.

IANAE, (I am not an expert) but if you say that the main thread returns
immediately and waiting in a loop for the lib, then you already have one
thread inside Perl. So the background threads shouldn't call into your
perl interpreter.

Shmuel.