develooper Front page | perl.ithreads | Postings from April 2008

Re: Perl threads under Windows

From:
Chris Fowler
Date:
April 19, 2008 16:45
Re: Perl threads under Windows
Message ID:
1208648175.2420.1.camel@D8GRPY71
Another suggestion is to share the DB connection info like host, user,
database, passwd, etc.  Then in the thread open, execute, close.  This
has worked for me.

db handles can be used in a perl program that is threaded.  you just
can't share a db handle between threads.  I don't think they work across
a fork either.