develooper Front page | perl.ithreads | Postings from April 2008

Re: Perl threads under Windows

From:
Octavian Rasnita
Date:
April 19, 2008 11:24
Re: Perl threads under Windows
Message ID:
00b001c8a24a$87558eb0$c2a2b451@teddy
From: "Chris Fowler" <cfowler@outpostsentinel.com>

> I ran into the same problem and just redesigned my program to now share
> objects.

Oh, this sounds good. Can you please tell me how can this be done?
I want to use perl for creating apps with WxPerl and share objects among
threads.

I've seen that there are ways to just share scalar variables and send
messages to windows or use POE multitasking which is not very easy.
I would like to be able to share WxPerl objects and database handles among
threads.

Thank you very much!

Octavian