develooper Front page | perl.ithreads | Postings from April 2008

Re: Perl threads under Windows

From:
Chris Fowler
Date:
April 19, 2008 06:29
Re: Perl threads under Windows
Message ID:
1208611195.2800.1.camel@D8GRPY71
On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 11:29 +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you know if there are plans to have real Windows threads in a future perl
> version, 5.x or 6.x that can share the memory and would be able to share
> objects?

Ouch.  "real Windows threads"

Currently perl uses ithreads.  If there was a plan to do things
differently I would hope POSIX threads would be the method.

> I am asking because creating a multi threaded perl program that need to
> share many objects is impossible and require using very complicated ways of
> doing things.

I ran into the same problem and just redesigned my program to now share
objects.