develooper Front page | perl.ithreads | Postings from March 2008

Re: Passing an IO:Handle to a Thread

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
March 1, 2008 07:27
Re: Passing an IO:Handle to a Thread
Message ID:
20080301152711.GB9337@iabyn.com
On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 02:51:19PM +0000, Chris Hall wrote:
> Whatever share $h does, it doesn't appear useful when $h is a ref to
> something.
>
> Whatever my $h = &share({}) does, it's not the same as
>          my %b : shared ; my $h = \%b ;
>
> Whatever &share({a => 1}) does, it doesn't return a ref to an anonymous
> hash containing a => 1 !!

Share is very similar to tie; when you share a container, its original
contents become hidden/lost

--
The Enterprise is involved in a bizarre time-warp experience which is in
some way unconnected with the Late 20th Century.