develooper Front page | perl.ithreads | Postings from August 2002

Re: Thread-Tie-0.01

From:
Arthur Bergman
Date:
August 12, 2002 06:32
Re: Thread-Tie-0.01
Message ID:
E0368719-ADF7-11D6-95E4-003065D64CBE@contiller.se

On måndag, augusti 12, 2002, at 03:22 , Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:

> Hmmmm... is that something you want me to try out?  Or do you want to
> have this be part of the documentation?
>

> My first question would be: why would I need to do a sleep 0?  Why
> can't threads->yield do that for me if that is the correct way to yield
> on this system?
>

> I will try this and report the result...
>

> Liz

That is not the correct way to yield, it is a hack, and I have only
heard that it might work, but yes if it works then threads->yield()
should fake it, but one would really expect the underlying OS to do this

Arthur