develooper Front page | perl.ithreads | Postings from August 2002

Re: Thread-Tie-0.01

From:
Elizabeth Mattijsen
Date:
August 10, 2002 04:37
Re: Thread-Tie-0.01
Message ID:
4.2.0.58.20020810133502.03640460@mickey.dijkmat.nl
At 12:47 PM 8/10/02 +0200, Arthur Bergman wrote:
>>But at least the value will only be copied to the thread that actually
>>requests it, so that is a saving I would think?
>That is how it works right now, except that it is cloned aswell, I have a
>patch that will defer the cloning of shared values.

That would be _good_!

However, would that be in the form of a new version to threads.pm?  Or
would that have to wait until 5.8.1 / 5.10 becomes available to the general
public?

Liz