develooper Front page | perl.inline | Postings from November 2017

Re: Inline::F2003 - New ILSM proposed

From:
Ron Grunwald via inline
Date:
November 2, 2017 23:52
Re: Inline::F2003 - New ILSM proposed
Message ID:
B75A338F-BEF5-4987-A40B-D60C41BF506C@yahoo.com.au
Hi all,

I'm not sure how many people are still subscribed to this list, but today I would like to announce the first release of Inline::F2003.

The URL is https://sourceforge.net/projects/inline-f2003/ <https://sourceforge.net/projects/inline-f2003/>

There are several reasons why I decided to release the module on Sourceforge rather than CPAN. First, I feel that this initial release is not yet sufficiently mature to be a standalone CPAN module. The other reason is that I'm not sure if the Inline community would allow me to use the "Inline::" namespace in the module name.

I am highly motivated to produce a high quality module that allows Perl to interoperate with modern FORTRAN. This initial release was developed and tested on Linux only. However, I would still encourage users to try running the program even if their system is non-Linux.

I am very interested to hear your views and experiences with Inline::F2003. It would be great to see discussion reinvigorated on this list. Thank you for reading this post. I do hope you'll have an opportunity to tryout the program, and report back your findings.

Cheers,
Ron.
Ron Grunwald
rongrw@yahoo.com.au