develooper Front page | perl.inline | Postings from June 2017

inline::go?

From:
Ed Peschko
Date:
June 16, 2017 20:29
inline::go?
Message ID:
CACQ+YcvNaF0gRiB7uzhjvjfqjmSqjcWu8DsKLcmpZd-9LWkaFw@mail.gmail.com
All,

I was thinking of starting a project where I'd like a clean perl
binding, and was looking for a language that was lightweight, high
performance, but wasn't quite as low-level as C.

So I thought of go and of inline.

However, browding CPAN I see that there is no Inline::Go for some reason.

 Inline::Befunge is there, but no Inline::Go.

Am I missing something here? Is there some overriding technical reason
why go couldn't be embedded in perl cleanly, is it available
somewhere, or is it a simple fact that nobody has done it?

thanks much for any info.