develooper Front page | perl.i18n | Postings from January 2008

RE: Problem processing UTF-8 strings from email

From:
Thurn, Martin
Date:
January 14, 2008 05:24
RE: Problem processing UTF-8 strings from email
Message ID:
C6EE358CD5607C4C935069537B1DE6049C0E7C@XMBIL111.northgrum.com
I believe that format is RFC 2047 Mime Header Encoding, try the
Encode::MIME::Header module to decode it
http://perldoc.perl.org/Encode/MIME/Header.html

 - - Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Gunton [mailto:neil@nilspace.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 19:18
To: perl-i18n@perl.org
Subject: Problem processing UTF-8 strings from email

Hi all,

I am somewhat experienced with Perl in general, but absolutely no
experience dealing with UTF-8. I have a community journals website which

allows updates from users via email. I'm having trouble with emails that

contain Chinese characters encoded (I think) as UTF-8. The strings look
like this:

=?UTF-8?B?5qGQ5LmhLCBUb25neGlhbmc6IEJlaW5nIGEgJ2hhbg==?=
=?UTF-8?B?dHUn?=