develooper Front page | perl.i18n | Postings from March 2007

Locale::Maketext::Gettext 1.21 Released

From:
imacat
Date:
March 27, 2007 23:38
Locale::Maketext::Gettext 1.21 Released
Message ID:
20070328143720.BB04.IMACAT@mail.imacat.idv.tw
Dear whoever is using Locale::Maketext::Gettext,

    Locale::Maketext::Gettext 1.21 is released, after two years.  There
are several improvements.  The majors improvements are:

     1. The lookup failure handling mechanism is completely rewritten to
follow the Locale::Maketext's way.  $lh->fail_with() and $lh->{"fail"}
in Locale::Maketext is wroking in Locale::Maketext::Gettext now.

        This is caused by the fact that I did not read the documentation
of Locale::Maketext throughly. ^^;  But since the previous lookup
failure handling mechanism was completely different, it has successfully
avoided bug#33938 and bug#25877:

https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=33938

     2. There is a fixed failure_handler_auto() method that override its
parent in Locale::Maketext, that fixes bug#33938 and bug#25877.  You may
enjoy this fixed failure_handler_auto() if you use
Locale::Maketext::Gettext over Locale::Maketext. :p

     3. Some encoding mess-up caused by my attempt to play magic in the
previous version was fixed.

     4. Locale::Maketext::Gettext now works with Perl 5.9.5, deals with
a fix on "local $@" in Locale::Maketext 1.10_01.

    Please tell me if there is any problem.  Your feedbacks are welcome.
Thank you.

--
imacat ^_*'
imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw