develooper Front page | perl.i18n | Postings from May 2006

Re: ordering Japanese

From:
Kino
Date:
May 4, 2006 22:01
Re: ordering Japanese
Message ID:
FFF4CD52-F1F5-4BEE-A1E9-283517528BA6@rio.odn.ne.jp

On 5 May 2006, at 13:16, Kino wrote:

> On 4 May 2006, at 8:12, Mike Barborak wrote:
>

>> If so does anyone know of a Perl module to do this or a nice
>> reference that I could use more programmatically than the image on
>> the link above?
>
> I don't know and I'm afraid there's not such a module. To give a
> pronunciation to all common kanji words would require a large
> dictionary...

but we should be able to create a conversion script from dictionaries
of a Japanese Input Method. I don't know if it is possible to convert
those of yours (MS IME?) but there are some free IME or dictionaries
for them.

SKK <http://openlab.jp/skk/index.html>
Anthy <http://sourceforge.jp/projects/anthy/>

Kino