develooper Front page | perl.i18n | Postings from January 2005

Setting Windows Codepage

From:
Tadhg Crowley
Date:
January 7, 2005 09:38
Subject:
Setting Windows Codepage
Message ID:
20050107173839.44985.qmail@web54106.mail.yahoo.com
Hi

I'm sorry if this is the wrong list for this question.
However I'm looking for a way to set the System
codepage from a Perl script. My OS is WinXP and I want
to set the full locale to different settings, reboot
the system, do some processing and then continue
through this loop several times for different
codepages.

Note: I do not need to modify any text outside the
Latin-1 range, so this is not really a query about
handling extended character strings.

NOTE: I'm a beginner so I haven't tried different
options yet. However I do know you can make calls
directly to the Win32 API to query the current
codepage i.e. GetACP, but I do not know if there's a
way to set the codepage without accessing the Locale
structures.

thanks anyway.
Tadhg