develooper Front page | perl.i18n | Postings from November 2004

Re: Adding Big5-1984 to Encode

From:
Autrijus Tang
Date:
November 27, 2004 10:36
Re: Adding Big5-1984 to Encode
Message ID:
20041127165327.GA35650@aut.dyndns.org
On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 11:40:29PM +0800, 依瑪貓 wrote:
> Dear Autrijus,
>
>     Have you consider to put 閩南語常用詞用字 into Big5-2003?
>
> http://udn.com/NEWS/NATIONAL/NAT4/2371247.shtml
>
>     It would be great if they could be included.

From that page it seems that those Minnan "phrases" are largely reusing
the Han characters, with the gaps defined with latinized POJ.  In other
words there's no ideographic characters introduced there.

But that's my impression from the article...  So if you have more detailed
specs, feel free to pass them my way.

Thanks,
/Autrijus/