develooper Front page | perl.i18n | Postings from September 2004

Maketext

From:
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9s_Felipe_Hern=E1ndez?=
Date:
September 3, 2004 16:57
Subject:
Maketext
Message ID:
200409032357.i83Nuuvv021105@02.torrenegra.com
Hi list,

I'm pretty new to perl so I'm not even sure if I'm asking in the right
place, If not, please bear with me and point me to the right direction :)

I'm having a little bit of trouble using Maketext when returning texts with
special characters (á, é ... etc).

At first a warning is generated although the text was returned successfully.

Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected non-continuation byte 0x72 after start
byte 0xe9) in pattern match (m//) at /...Perl/5.6.1/Locale/Maketext/Guts.pm
line 32, <STDIN> line 3.

Then I tried messing around with the file /etc/sysconfig/i18n and now the
text is not returned anymore... the same warning is issued.

I can't seem to reproduce this behavior on my other server (both of them use
Red Hat enterprise edition), so I am guessing this has something to do with
some type of configuration.  Could you guys share any thoughts on this?

Thanks for your help,
Andres

====================================
Andrés Felipe Hernández
Torrenegra - Internet Solutions
Mobile: +57 310 852 92 32
Toll Free: 1.877.77.TORRE (USA only)
http://www.torrenegra.com

This electronic message transmission contains information from Torrenegra
Corp. which may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this electronic transmission in error, please notify sender immediately and
delete all copies.