develooper Front page | perl.i18n | Postings from October 2003

Re: xgettext and parameter reordering

From:
Autrijus Tang
Date:
October 6, 2003 10:36
Re: xgettext and parameter reordering
Message ID:
1065460280.2810.5.camel@localhost
?b δΈ€, 2003-10-06 14:33, Guido Flohr ?g?D?G
> I don't think that this is an option because xgettext.pl will also
> double the backslash in the original string (like "xgettext --lang=C"
> which doesn't know that a dollar sign has to be escaped in double-quoted
> Perl strings).

Hi.  I would like to get improvement suggestions without being summarily
rejected. :-)  The fact that it handles \$ incorrectly was that no
applications that currently uses xgettext.pl has \$ in their strings,
not some design decision that can't be fixed.

With that said, once the standard xgettext support perl reasonably
(preferably with [_1]), I'm happy to retire xgettext.pl and replace it
with xmaketext or something else, to avoid confusion.

Thanks,
/Autrijus/