develooper Front page | perl.i18n | Postings from October 2003

Re: xgettext and parameter reordering

From:
Guido Flohr
Date:
October 6, 2003 08:37
Re: xgettext and parameter reordering
Message ID:
3F818CCE.2060208@imperia.net
Hi,

Christophe Chisogne wrote:
> Native xgettext Perl support, exactly what I was looking for :)
> Thanks, but...
>
> I got the latest CVS snapshot of GNU gettext via savannah.gnu.org with
> cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/gettext co gettext
> but it seems the added Perl support for xgettext is not there :(
>
> $ ./xgettext --lang=perl /path/to/file.pl
> xgettext: language `perl' unknown
> ... and in xgettext.c extension_to_language() I only see
> /* Here will follow more file extensions: sh, pl ... */
>
> Am I missing something ? (wrong cvs server?)

I don't know.  But the cvs update I did a minute ago still contained the
Perl backend and the new sh backend.  Try again? If you still can't
manage to get the current version, send me a mail.  I can pack you a
snapshot, but I will be out of the office in about 30 minutes and away
until Wednesday.

Ciao

Guido
--