develooper Front page | perl.i18n | Postings from October 2003

Re: xgettext and parameter reordering

From:
Guido Flohr
Date:
October 6, 2003 06:31
Re: xgettext and parameter reordering
Message ID:
3F816F25.9040807@imperia.net
Hi again,

Rich wrote:
> Christophe Chisogne wrote:
>

>>Short question: how can I use standard GNU xgettext for i18n
>>when using printf parameter reordering ?
>>

> Hi Christophe
>
> Try using xgettext.pl instead, which is part of Locale::Maketext::Lexicon.

I don't think that this is an option because xgettext.pl will also
double the backslash in the original string (like "xgettext --lang=C"
which doesn't know that a dollar sign has to be escaped in double-quoted
Perl strings).

BTW: The new "xgettext --lang=perl" will extract *all* kinds of strings
including single-quoted strings or the q operator, no need to
backslashify the $ at all, then.

Ciao

Guido
--