develooper Front page | perl.i18n | Postings from August 2003

Announcement: libintl-perl 1.00

From:
Guido Flohr
Date:
August 8, 2003 08:17
Announcement: libintl-perl 1.00
Message ID:
3F33BFBF.5070001@imperia.net
Hi everybody,

I have released libintl-perl 1.00. The package provides message
translation facilities suitable for a framework using GNU gettext.
Invocation is quite similar to the way you use gettext() and friends in
other languages like C, C++ and so on.  The architecture also allows
seemless integration of internationalized Perl sources in mixed-language
packages.

     perl -MCPAN -e 'install Locale::TextDomain'

You won't have much fun with the package, unless you have a deep look
into the READMEs included in the source tar ball.  You also shouldn't be
afraid to build the latest CVS snapshot of GNU gettext from the sources.
  Perl support is new in GNU gettext and not yet available in the
official releases.

I know that there are other packages with similar functionality and I
don't release libintl-perl because I think that my approach is better
than the others. My approach is different, has a different focus.  It
fits best for my requirements, so it might be the right solution for
you, too.

Hope you enjoy it.

Guido
--