develooper Front page | perl.i18n | Postings from July 2003

Re: encodings in Pod::Simple

From:
Sean M. Burke
Date:
Re: encodings in Pod::Simple
Message ID:
5.2.1.1.1.20030706230928.024850b0@mailstore.pobox.com
At 09:12 AM 2003-07-05 -0700, Autrijus Tang wrote:
>On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 06:14:37PM -0800, Sean M. Burke wrote:
> > Oop, one more assumption I'd like to be able to make:
> > * Unless a Pod file starts with a BOM, the Pod processor will assume that
> > it's in Latin-1 or UTF8, unless/until there's an =encoding [...]
> > Is that sane?
>Verily.  As was the other assumptions in your previous mail.

OK, I'm basically done with implementing =encoding in Pod::Simple
now.  There was a weird little bug with iso-2022-jp (a Japanese encoding)
but Jarkko just helpfully verified for me that the bug disappeared sometime
between my 5.8.0 version, and his on-hand 5.9 version.

There's one little (probably safely ignorable) bug involving one of the
Arabic encodings, but I think that's about it.  Once I get back from OSCon
(about the 16th) I'll try to release a new version of Pod::Simple
incorporating this new =encoding stuff plus some other nice patches Graham
Barr sent me for making Pod::Simple::HTML a bit smarter.

--
Sean M. Burke    http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/