develooper Front page | perl.i18n | Postings from July 2003

encodings in Pod::Simple

From:
Sean M. Burke
Date:
July 4, 2003 19:14
Subject:
encodings in Pod::Simple
Message ID:
5.2.1.1.1.20030704180947.00a700e0@mailstore.pobox.com

Oop, one more assumption I'd like to be able to make:

* Unless a Pod file starts with a BOM, the Pod processor will assume that
it's in Latin-1 or UTF8, unless/until there's an =encoding directive
seen.  So if you're writing a Pod file in any other encoding, you /must/
have an =encoding line.  So if I were writing a Pod file in Russian, my
first Pod line would have to be "=encoding cp1251".

Is that sane?