develooper Front page | perl.golf | Postings from January 2007

Re: simple golf for fun

From:
Juho Snellman
Date:
January 17, 2007 03:28
Re: simple golf for fun
Message ID:
87zm8hx5cv.fsf@vasara.proghammer.com
Phil Carmody <thefatphil@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> 1//regexp/ would crash on the same thing that s/regexp// fails to blank.
> So I thought that might be the intended (not space-saving) technique with
> a rather bizarre unnecessary use of an unquoted literal to add confusion!
> But a typo seems to make more sense.

Typoing two characters and still ending up with a program that
implements the - admittedly loose - spec seems pretty unlikely :-) I
just liked the looks of the a/// operator.

--
Juho Snellman