develooper Front page | perl.golf | Postings from January 2006

Re: PBP

From:
Yanick Champoux
Date:
January 19, 2006 17:48
Re: PBP
Message ID:
43D0431C.2090803@babyl.dyndns.org
Daniel Tiefnig wrote:
>> Seriously, I consider PbP to be the best programming investment I did
>> this year.
>>

> Considering we've only 19th of January now, I'm not very surprised. :o)

    I would argue it's also the second-best Perl book I ever bought
after the Camel. Nevermind that my Perl library, in its entirety,
consists of those two books.

> But I've allready decided to by one, I really enjoyed the sample chapter
> on oreilly.com.

    You'll not regret it. Except, perhaps, if the newfound wisdom milked
from the book guilt-drives you to rewrite all the modules you ever
touched. :-)

Joy,
`/anick