develooper Front page | perl.golf | Postings from January 2006

Re: PBP (was: lost ...?)

From:
Andrew Savige
Date:
January 19, 2006 13:01
Re: PBP (was: lost ...?)
Message ID:
20060119210046.92633.qmail@web36106.mail.mud.yahoo.com
--- Yanick Champoux wrote:
>    My reading of each of the commandment, I found out,
> follows a rigourous processus. I always punctuate the
> disclosure of the commandment at hand with an outraged
> "preposterous!". At around mid-section, it unavoidly morphs
> into a "hmmm, I can see his point.. but it ain't for me. It
> just doesn't jive with my vibes". By the time I've made
> it to the end, though, it is rare indeed that I haven't
> seen the light, donned the ritual sackcloth and ashes,
> sworn to atone for my sins and to walk the straight and
> narrow from now on.

Wow, `/, thanks for the doozie quotation. I just added it
to the top of:

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=500556

>    Seriously, I consider PbP to be the best programming
> investment I did this year. It is worth its weight in
> depleted uranium bars, and is twice as entertaining. I
> recommend it heartily to all my friends, wether they
> be Perl programmers or not. It's that good. :-)

After all these years of separation, I find myself still
agreeing with `/. :-) ... even trying to persuade Sydney.pm
by rabbiting on about PBP, the (crappy) talk slides available
here:

http://perl.net.au/download/pbp-slides.tar.gz

Joie,
/-\