develooper Front page | perl.golf | Postings from January 2006

Re: PBP

From:
Rick Klement
Date:
January 19, 2006 11:11
Re: PBP
Message ID:
43CFE3C1.DDF587EF@pacbell.net
Daniel Tiefnig wrote:

> Yanick Champoux wrote:
> > Andy_Bach@wiwb.uscourts.gov said:
> >> Perhaps OT but having finished the PBP not too long ago and finding
> >> hardly any I couldn't live w/ (the bare 'else' aligned w/ the
> >> previous close curly - though I see his point),
>
> Hmm, so how does one write it correctly(tm)? Of course the best(tm) way is:
>
> if(FOO) {
>     print "foo!";
> } else {
>     print "bar!";
> }
>
> Isn't it? At least while you're not payed per line... ;o)

Horrors, that's blasphemy to those of us in
the Church of The Holy Indentation.

Everyone(tm) knows(tm) that the "Proper Indentation"(tm) is:

if(FOO)
  {
  print "foo!";
  }