develooper Front page | perl.golf | Postings from May 2005

Re: [perl #35091] perlrun: -e -p -p -e all the same...

From:
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes
Date:
May 4, 2005 17:36
Re: [perl #35091] perlrun: -e -p -p -e all the same...
Message ID:
20050505001526.GB3508@efn.org
On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 11:26:24AM -0400, Brad Baxter wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2005, Ronald J Kimball wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > If the programmer wants two separate loops over <> in your program, he
> > should probably just write the code himself.  Is it really worth the added
> > complexity to support multiple -p and/or -n in the same command line?  I'm
> > curious whether people think this would actually see a lot of use.
>
> As for me, I'm not wedded to the idea.  I just started thinking out
> loud when it sounded like folks were edging toward working on a patch.

'twould be good to consult some golfers on what they would find
helpful.  (No, I'm not joking.)