develooper Front page | perl.golf | Postings from March 2005

Re: Perl golf article at Perl Monks

From:
Stephen Turner
Date:
March 11, 2005 01:46
Re: Perl golf article at Perl Monks
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.62.0503110942290.3483@gentoo
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Yanick Champoux wrote:

>   So do I, so do I.  In fact, as nostalgia settles in, I've found myself
> toying more and more these days with a type of competition that would both
> encompass the Hermetic arts of golfing and allow for vicious interaction
> between players. What I came up with is a Perl variation on the old venerable
> Corewar game that, I think, might be great fun. For some demented definition
> of fun, it goes without saying.
>
>   In all cases, I have attached to this post a draft of the rules of the
> game. I  hope to have the game engine (plus a web / email interface) ready by
> mid-April. So if anyone's curiosity is piqued by the thing, I might try to
> organize a public tournament then...

Yes, we all have to play this game! But have you considered a variant in
which the maximum snippet length decreases as the game goes on? This would
make the game progressively harder as you get towards the end.

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
   "Low Priced Cambridge Clare College. Big selection at eBay UK!"