develooper Front page | perl.golf | Postings from March 2005

Re: Perl golf article at Perl Monks

From:
Yanick Champoux
Date:
March 11, 2005 00:44
Re: Perl golf article at Perl Monks
Message ID:
4231248D.90101@babyl.dyndns.org
Ala Qumsieh wrote:

>--- Jasper <jaspermccrea@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Nice. Perhaps it'll prompt a new compo soon :)
>>

>Ahhh .. how I long for the good old days.

    So do I, so do I.  In fact, as nostalgia settles in, I've found
myself toying more and more these days with a type of competition that
would both encompass the Hermetic arts of golfing and allow for vicious
interaction between players. What I came up with is a Perl variation on
the old venerable Corewar game that, I think, might be great fun. For
some demented definition of fun, it goes without saying.

    In all cases, I have attached to this post a draft of the rules of
the game. I  hope to have the game engine (plus a web / email interface)
ready by mid-April. So if anyone's curiosity is piqued by the thing, I
might try to organize a public tournament then...

Joy,
`/anick
PS: Wonderful article, /-\ !