develooper Front page | perl.golf | Postings from August 2004

Re: Proposed scoring change

From:
Danny Rathjens
Date:
August 2, 2004 15:14
Re: Proposed scoring change
Message ID:
410CA3ED.3000203@rathjens.org
Johnson, Roy R SIEP wrote:
> It struck me as a good idea that the minimum score should float,
> instead of being a constant 5. I suggest 100/number of participants.
> The idea is that in a contest where very few accomplish a working
> solution, being one of those people is worth more than one where
> everybody can solve it. Yes? No?
>
> ...and this has nothing -- nothing, I tell ya! -- to do with the fact
> that I'm the bottom score on Mastermind
>
> ...though I'd sure like to see some people below me, there.
>
> Roy

There you go.  I bumped you out of last place.  8^)
Hopefully I'll have time to improve upon my somewhat naive algorithm
and catch up.  I was just happy to have something actually work
since I am out of practice.
--
"Believe nothing, O monks, merely because you have been told it ...  or because