Re: more minigolf

From:
Phil Carmody
Date:
Re: more minigolf
Message ID:
20020712140041.2423.qmail@web21101.mail.yahoo.com
--- Andrew.Savige@ir.com wrote:
> En op 12 juli 2002 sprak FatPhil:
> > So I'd call it a high-precedence -1 trick rather than a
> > prefix -1 trick.
>
> I think the main point of Ton's trick is to get around
> that annoying "use of pop without parens is ambiguous"
> error message when you use:
>   pop-1
> I have seen others work around this with:
>   pop()-1
> or:
>   -1+pop
> but Ton's:
>   ~-pop;
> is better (and I admit I hadn't noticed it before).

Cool - double-edged.
I've never encountered that error message before, and in retrospect I
think Ton's use for it would be more commonly useful than mine.

What did I say about so much to learn...?

Phil

=====
--
"One cannot delete the Web browser from KDE without
losing the ability to manage files on the user's own