Re: more minigolf

From:
Phil Carmody
Date:
Re: more minigolf
Message ID:
20020712084124.42705.qmail@web21106.mail.yahoo.com
--- Andrew.Savige@ir.com wrote:
> En op 12 juli 2002 sprak FatPhil:
> > print"@{[$w=1,map$w*=$_/--$n,-pop..-2]}\n")
> > Please - noone feed me any more information - it might trip
> > the balance the other way again! :-|
> >
> > Truly not of this earth...
>
> Though Ton is not of this earth, the @{[...]} idiom is.

I was thinking explicitly of Ton's footnote about  his initial "1"
being in fact a repeat of his final "1", and not the initial value
given to $w. You've really got to know what refers to what to utilise
such trickery.

That and the fact I really hate references.

Phil

=====
--
"One cannot delete the Web browser from KDE without
losing the ability to manage files on the user's own