Re: more minigolf

From:
Eugene van der Pijll
Date:
Re: more minigolf
Message ID:
20020711234644.GA24984@ruunat.phys.uu.nl
En op 12 juli 2002 sprak Eugene van der Pijll:
> Golf historians do not know who invented this technique, but the first
> recorded use dates from December 14, 1995. The author of that post to
> comp.lang.perl.misc was Randal Schwartz, but his code was immediately
> explained by another poster, which leads me to believe that it was
> already an established idiom.

I was too fast in mailing this: I have found possibly the earliest
occurrence of @{[...]}. Randal got this from a post by Andrew McRae,
just two days earlier. In that post, McRae proposes to put a 9 line
eval{} block inside the brackets...

(-ugene

--
Brevity is the soul of wit. -- \\/illiam _/`hakespeare