Re: more minigolf

From:
Phil Carmody
Date:
Re: more minigolf
Message ID:
20020711194128.40550.qmail@web21101.mail.yahoo.com
--- Ton Hospel <perl-golf@ton.iguana.be> wrote:
> Another fun thing of my solution is that the value printed first is
> a copy
> of the value printed last, NOT the 1 that gets assigned originally.
> (as you can see by trying
print"@{[$w=1,map$w*=$_/--$n,-pop..-2]}\n")

Amazing. I've gone from not understanding it to thinking that I
understood it, after Chris' explanation.

I've since realised, upon reading the above, that I don't understood
it, and done some head scratching, and mucking around, which
convinced me that I now understood it.

However, since then I've done some _more_ mucking around, and I'm
convinced that I don't undertand it again.

For example, Oh bollocks, I mean, Oh hoorah! - I've just worked out
why what was going to be a demonstration of how it behaves
counter-intuitively is in fact correct and obvious (parameters to
map), and hence I've just understood it again. I have so much to
learn...

Please - noone feed me any more information - it might trip the
balance the other way again! :-|

Truly not of this earth...

Phil

=====
--
"One cannot delete the Web browser from KDE without
losing the ability to manage files on the user's own