Re: TPR04b: which 45 chars should be shaved off?

From:
Yanick
Date:
Re: TPR04b: which 45 chars should be shaved off?
Message ID:
20020702221015.A10049@gilgamesh.sympatico.ca
On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 11:31:45AM +1000, Andrew.Savige@ir.com wrote:
> En op 03 juli 2002 sprak Sec:
> > And with Yanick idling along near the bottom, I'm really afraid of his
> > evil plans to submit that one-char-less-than-mine solution five minutes
> > before the game ends %).
>
>    It's a marathon, not a sprint. Just imagine running a marathon and
> watching in amazement as all the fools around you start the race
> with a vigorous sprint! Insanity! They will surely use up all their
> energy reserves and tire badly near the end. No, No, No. The key
> (as brilliantly executed by `/ in the last game) is to save your
> energy reserves for the final sprint to the line.

	Yes. As /-\ndrew says, everything is strategy. I'm not
lingering behind the crowd; I'm studying my opponents. And
I'm not shaving strokes at tectonic plate drifting speed; I'm
leisurely moving myself in position for the killing blow.

	And don't mind the smell of burning synapses. It's part
of the ploy.

> (who has absolutely no idea how to make up the yawning chasm,
> but is hoping for inspiration to slap him across the face like
> a wet trout in the last hours, a la `/ in the last game).

	If I may suggest, /-\: the trick with this course, I
think I found out, is not to be afraid of switching weapon.
Myself, I tossed my club in the bushes and went for a
good ol' lugger. And, lo and behold, I'm now two strokes
behind |3en (hiya |3en!).

Joy,
`/anick

--
I used to think romantic love was a neurosis shared by two, a supreme
foolishness.  I no longer think that.  There's nothing foolish in