Re: Sand Trap

From:
Rick Klement
Date:
Re: Sand Trap
Message ID:
3D21D795.8CEFCEA3@pacbell.net
Michael W Thelen wrote:

> I'm just wondering, what exactly does it mean to be in the Sand Trap?  I
> noticed that both Prakash Kailasa and Ala Qumsieh were at the top of the
> leaderboard yesterday, but now are in the Sand Trap.  Does it mean that a
> previously "valid" solution has been ruled invalid?  Or just that an invalid
> solution was recently submitted?  Or something else entirely?

Golfers are in the Sand Trap when they have submitted at least one entry,
but none of their entries are deemed valid or pass the test program.

From the rules: "Passing the test program does not assure your solution
is valid. The referees have the final say."

The solutions from both Prakash Kailasa and Ala Qumsieh had passed the
test program at the time, but were found to be "not valid" and new
test cases were added to the test program to show the failure.

--
Rick Klement