develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from May 2012

Re: seeking golfing advice

From:
damien krotkine
Date:
May 16, 2012 05:25
Re: seeking golfing advice
Message ID:
CAM56AsQkSzw9MThHxkgiTVLwZHc37M=H5LWYiLOkTVjZNE5tfQ@mail.gmail.com
On 16 May 2012 14:02, Peter Makholm <peter@makholm.net> wrote:
> damien krotkine <dkrotkine@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Indeed grep is much better. As the code is used in a more complex
>> structured I got lost and confused and ended up using map, blah.
>>
>> $|-- was what I was looking for :)
>
> No, reading my posts again it I see that it clearly doesn't do what you
> ask for. You are actually looking for --$|.

Oops yes, --$| indeed, sorry.

[ ... ]

> So basically you are trading 8 characters for readability and probably
> speed. Why do you want that?

For fun, purely. I'll stick with $f % 2 for now, it seems a right
balance compared to the code lying around.

dams