develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from April 2012

Re: Secret operators: the documentation

From:
philippe.bruhat
Date:
April 3, 2012 04:31
Re: Secret operators: the documentation
Message ID:
20120403113131.GE5169@swoosh
On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 06:28:56PM +0200, Alexis Sukrieh wrote:
> Le 16 mars 2012 12:44, Philippe Bruhat (BooK)
> <philippe.bruhat@free.fr> a écrit :
> > So,
> >
> > A few years back, I started to write a manual page about Perl secret operators,
> > with the goal of getting it into the official Perl documentation at some point.
> [...]
> > Patches welcome.
> >
> > When it's stabilized enough, I'll send a patch to p5p.
>
> Nice work :)
>
> I have a question though;
>
> Did you change your mind about the "A word of warning" section? It
> sounds that it won't fit well in the official Perl documentation ;)

I've pushed a branch on the Perl source tree, and Abigail already
patched the module a bit.
http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/shortlog/refs/heads/book/perlsecret

The "word of warning" still holds. The page is specifically not listed
in the main perl.pod manual page. The idea is to hide it a little, so that
people who know about it can easily point inquiring minds to it, while not
making these "official".

I also wrote a test script (t/japh/secret.t) and it helped a lot in refining
exactly how and when each of those worked.

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 "Did I err?"      (Groo, in too many issues to count - ...and *YES* he did!)