develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from November 2007

Re: The "flaming X-wing" secret operator

From:
philippe.bruhat
Date:
November 30, 2007 05:15
Re: The "flaming X-wing" secret operator
Message ID:
20071130084336.GE18823@plop.home.bruhat.net
On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 08:01:45PM -0500, Yanick Champoux wrote:
> shmem wrote:
>> To brighten up your day - here's the winged moon, which isn't an
>> operator, but a constant:
>>
>>     ~@~
>
> Georg added:
>> Similar to the winged moon - an "operator" (token?) which scares
>> the hell out of the remainder of a list:
>>
>>     ^@^
>

> 	Me likes. Lots.  I propose, as alternative names for those two tokens, the
> "fat bat" (because it does look like a particularly rotund specimen of that
> species, and in honor of the large value it yields) and the"laughing joker"
> (as in, "just kidding, the rest of the line doesn't apply). :-)

Of course, we now need canonical usage examples of those two.

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Blood is thicker than water... so beware of thick relatives.