develooper Front page | perl.fwp | Postings from November 2007

Re: The "flaming X-wing" secret operator

From:
Yanick Champoux
Date:
November 29, 2007 16:31
Re: The "flaming X-wing" secret operator
Message ID:
474F60F9.1090900@babyl.dyndns.org
shmem wrote:
> To brighten up your day - here's the winged moon, which isn't an
> operator, but a constant:
>
>     ~@~

Georg added:
> Similar to the winged moon - an "operator" (token?) which scares
> the hell out of the remainder of a list:
>
>     ^@^

	Me likes. Lots.  I propose, as alternative names for those two tokens,
the "fat bat" (because it does look like a particularly rotund specimen
of that species, and in honor of the large value it yields) and
the"laughing joker" (as in, "just kidding, the rest of the line doesn't
apply). :-)

Joy,
`/anick